Monday, January 5, 2009

Ready To Go

We are all packed and ready to go and fly out this evening! Last week was a whirlwind week. My sister and her husband Chris threw us a very nice little going away party on New Years Eve. The rest of the week was spent trying to spend as much time with family and friends as possible! The other big event of the week is that I actually managed to sell my car! It all happened at the very last minute. My car broke down the week before (after never having broken down once in the two years I owned it). But the buyer was patient and waited to see and test drive the car. I dropped it off with him and Friday and we left town. We went home to my parents' house in Owatonna for a night before heading out to Kenosha, WI where Andrej's parents live.

It has been a challenge trying to pack for a year. I managed to fit about 5 changes of clothes, all my toiletries, and a few miscellaneous items into my pack without it bursting. I feel pretty comfortable with what I packed, although I am sure I will be sick of my clothes after about a month. Later, I will try to post a picture of us with our backpacks.

We leave in about an hour to take the bus into Chicago where we will catch our plane to London. We are getting really excited! The next time you hear from us, we will be in South Africa...

No comments: